Outdoor Trip Program Assistant
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Peak Adventures Outdoor Adventures Manager, the Outdoor Trip Program Assistant is responsible for supporting seasonal operations of the Peak Adventures Outdoor Trip Program. OTPA’s will assist with maintaining equipment, maintaining program vehicles and trailers, conducting comprehensive equipment inventory, and supporting equipment purchases. Additionally OTPA’s will assist with researching trip locations and information as well as provide training support. OTPA’s will be schedule for 10-20 hours per week. This position allows for opportunities for outdoor sill development and outdoor industry logistical knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with equipment maintenance
• Assist with van, trailer and golf cart basic maintenance and cleaning. Operation of vehicles if the OTPA has the appropriate training.
• Assist with inventory (each semester organize the inspection, relabeling and maintenance of all Peak Adventures equipment).
• Assist with planning and implementation of training.
• Assist with researching new trip locations.
• Support preparation for upcoming outdoor trips including assessing equipment and confirming location information.
• Support the Outdoor Adventures Manager in updating Peak Adventures training manuals.
• Assist with outdoor trips marketing efforts to include marketing booths, class visits and print material distribution.
• Assist with front desk customer service as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other staff, and public
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to be flexible and adaptive
• Ability to work well with other staff
• Ability to take initiative
• Must meet Sacramento State student assistant eligibility requirements
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to learn basic outdoor equipment and operations
• Ability to safely lift and move up to 60 pounds unassisted and 100 pounds assisted
• Ability to obtain California Commercial Class C (or higher) with a passenger endorsement and meet ASI driving requirements within four months of hire
• Experience with outdoor activities including but not limited to rock climbing, mountain biking, backpacking and caving
• CPR/First Aid or Wilderness First Aid
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Saturday, June 1, 2019
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA