CDC - Kitchen (1706)- Kitchen Student Assistant
The Kitchen Student Assistant I works under the direct supervision of the Cook, Assistant Cook or Kitchen Assistant III
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Dish washing and cleaning/sanitizing of kitchen.
2. Set-up and service of all meals.
3. Preparation of meals.
4. Receiving, rotation, and stocking ordered supplies.
5. Independently able to follow kitchen procedures and daily routines.
6. Read, understand, and implement the philosophy and information contained in the ASI Children’s Center Student Handbook and ASI Policy Manual.
7. Attendance of scheduled trainings.
8. Assist with routine classroom/center maintenance as assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to learn kitchen skills from the Cook
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Must be a currently enrolled student as California State University, Sacramento
• Per law must be at least 18 years of age
• Cleared Criminal Background
• Current Health Screening (lifting up to 50 lbs., ability to stand 4 to 6 hrs., bend and squat)
• Per law must be able to provide proof of immunizations (Measles and Pertussis-whooping cough)
• Able to provide proof of TB Clearance
• Safe Serve Certification
• Basic Pest Management in School and Child Care Settings
• Previous experience cooking or working in food service
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sierra Hall, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA