Classroom Student Assistant II- Children's Center
SUMMARY: The Classroom Student Assistant II works under the supervision of the program Head/Mentor/Fellowship Teacher, Classroom Student Supervisor or Classroom Student Assistant III to provide direct care and supervision of children from birth through kindergarten in a classroom setting (never left alone with children).
• Actively participate in mandatory training meetings and implement the information into the classroom.
• Assist teachers with children in routine activities such as meals, naps, diapering, and toileting and document those activities.
• Positively interact with children during both indoor and outdoor activities, facilitating children’s developmental needs.
• Encourage children to take some responsibility for equipment, materials, and the clean-up of activity centers.
• Positively interact with families, children, staff, and center clients by providing excellent customer service.
• Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the environment and set-up/clean-up of daily activities.
• Participate in observations and documentation of information for Developmental Profiles/Child Assessments.
• Participate in teacher-student performance review at the end of each semester.
• Assist with routine classroom/center maintenance as assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Must enjoy interacting with children and be willing to learn from mentors.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Must be a currently enrolled student at California State University, Sacramento.
• Per law must be at least 18 years of age
• Cleared Criminal Background
• Current Health Screening hours
• Must be able to provide proof of immunizations (Measles and Pertussis-whooping cough)
• Able to provide proof of TB Clearance
• Able to attend mandatory Monday night training meetings
• Experience working with children
• Child Development Permit at the Assistant Level
• Child/Adult CPR and/or First Aid Certifications
• Mandated Reporter Training
• Basic Pest Management in a School & Child Care Setting Training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently lift and/or move up to ¬¬50 pounds; stand 4 to 6 hours daily, bend and squat, sit on floor 1-2 hours daily.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sierra Hall, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA