Classroom Student Supervisor-Children's Center
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the program Directors and Head/Mentor/Fellowship Teachers. Has the authority to supervise and direct Student Assistants II and III, fieldwork students, and volunteers. Works independently from classroom Teacher daily running a classroom of children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• All responsibilities listed for Classroom Assistant II and III.
• Oversee the operation of the classroom during teacher’s absence.
• Supervise student assistants, fieldwork students, and volunteers.
• Supervise in other classrooms as needed.
• Assist with planning the curriculum and environment arrangement.
• Keeps staff and supervisors informed of classroom needs.
• Assist teacher with training meetings.
• Assist teacher with student evaluations, newsletters, completing DRDPs, completing environmental rating scales,
• Conducting parent conferences and individual meetings with students, fieldwork students, and volunteers.
• Continue professional growth, attendance of leadership meetings, and outside trainings.
• Maintain compliance with Licensing, Title 5 and NAEYC regulations.
• Assist with routine classroom/center maintenance as assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Must enjoy interacting with children and be a mentor and role model for college students.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Must be a currently enrolled student or recent graduate of California State University, Sacramento
• Per law must be at least 18 years of age
• Cleared Criminal Background
• Current Health Screening
• Must be able to provide proof of immunizations (Measles and Pertussis-whooping cough)
• Able to provide proof of TB Clearance
• Current Infant/Child/Adult CPR and First Aid Certification
• Hold a valid Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
• Able to attend mandatory Monday night training meetings
• Attendance of mandatory leadership trainings/meetings
• Availability to work 5 days a week, opening/closing shifts and all day Fridays to supervise the classroom for teacher meetings
• Experience working with children
• Three semesters of previous early childhood experience (one worked at the ASI Children’s Center)
• Mandated Reporter Training
• Basic Pest Management in a School & Child Care Setting Training
• Completed 3 Infant Toddler units
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently lift and/or move up to ¬¬50 pounds; stand 4 to 6 hours daily, bend and squat, sit on floor 1-2 hours daily.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sierra Hall, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA