Fellowship Teacher- Children's Center
SUMMARY: The Fellowship position is a 12 month position designed to provide a recent graduate with experience working independently from the program Directors with the guidance from a Mentor Teachers. Has the authority to supervise and direct Student Assistants I and II and III, fieldwork students, and volunteers. Works independently from classroom Teacher daily running a classroom of children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• All responsibilities listed for Classroom Assistant II,III, and IV.
• Oversee the operation of the classroom and collaborates with a Mentor Teacher.
• Communicates with families providing daily information about children.
• Supervise all student assistants, fieldwork students, and volunteers.
• Willingness to supervise other classrooms if needed.
• Plans and implements daily classroom and arranges the classroom and outdoor environments.
• Keeps staff and supervisors informed of classroom needs.
• Plans and implements student staff trainings
• Completes and conducts student evaluations, newsletters, completing DRDPs, conducting environmental rating using the ITERS or ECERS scales.
• Conducts parent conferences, individual meetings with students, fieldwork students, and volunteers.
• Collaborates with administrators and core staff on special events and administrative tasks.
• Continue professional growth, attendance of leadership meetings, and outside trainings.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Must enjoy interacting with children and be a mentor and role model for college students
• Willing to learn from a mentor teacher and seek information independently
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Hold a Child Development Teacher Permit
• Current Pediatric First Aid and CPR
• Cleared Criminal Background
• Current Health Screening
• Per law must be able to provide proof of immunizations (Measles and Pertussis-whooping cough) Influenza waiver or annual proof of influenza vaccination
• Clear TB Test
• Attend mandatory Monday night training meetings
• Attendance of Mandatory Leadership meetings
• Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• BA in Child Development or a related field
• Site Supervisor Child Development Permit
• Three semesters of employment working with young children
• Two semester experience working at the ASI Children’s Center
• Mandated Reporter Training
• Basic Pest Management in a School & Child Care Setting Training
• Completed 3 Infant Toddler units
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently lift and/or move up to ¬¬50 pounds; stand 4 to 6 hours daily, bend and squat, sit on floor 1-2 hours daily.
Associated Student Inc. provides extremely generous benefits package to Full-Time employees:
• Medical: 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employees through Kaiser or Sutter Health Plus; 95% employer-paid coverage for employee dependents. Vision is included in the plans.
• Dental plan: 100% employer paid dental coverage for employees and dependents
• Employer paid $50,000 Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Long Term Disability
• Retirement: a generous pay period ASI contribution after completing 12 months of service, subject to the terms of the retirement plan.
• Paid vacation and 13 paid holidays. 7 paid holidays are scheduled from last week of December through January 1st
• Up 24 hours of paid personal holiday time
• 4 weeks paid parental Leave subject to paid parental leave policy
• CA Sick Leave Pay
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Access to onsite childcare at the ASI employee rate
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sierra Hall, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA