ASI Aquatic Center- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
Under the guidance of the Aquatic Center Director, the EMT is responsible for compassionately delivering high quality service and basic, as well as advanced, patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner to program participants, athletes and spectators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide first aid and EMS support as needed.
• Document all response and details to patient care.
• At conclusion of each shift, notify Aquatic Center Director when supplies need to be replenished.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Strong organizations skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with campus constituencies to serve a diverse customer population
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• At least 18 years of age
• Current state of California EMT Certification, current CPR Card
• Some advanced education, Basic EKG and IV/Mast certification preferred. Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired
• Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills
• Previous Healthcare experience
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA