Aquatic Center Paddling Instructor
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Aquatic Center Associate Director, the Paddling Instructor is primarily responsible for instructing canoeing, outrigger, stand-up paddling or kayaking classes, youth groups, sunset paddles and assigned lessons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Instruct canoeing and kayaking classes as assigned. Perform rescues as needed.
• Perform safety inspection on equipment. Notify Associate Director and facilities staff of major repairs as required.
• Enforce standard safety procedures.
• If needed, provide support to Aquatic Center special events as required.
• May drive program vehicle for classes, trips or activities as needed. •
Other duties may be assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Strong organizations skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with campus constituencies to serve a diverse customer population
• 1 year of Paddling experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• C.P.R., First Aid, California Boating Safety Certificate (must have required certifications within six months of hire)
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to drive a power boat
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and be prepared for both heat and cold
• Lifeguard Training or Equivalent Red Cross Water Safety Class
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA