Aquatic Center - Seasonal Supervisor
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
SUMMARY: The seasonal supervisor is responsible for program oversite and will be working in conjunction with the Operations Manager, Water Front Supervisor, Youth Program Supervisor and Weekend Supervisor. Primary areas of responsibility are proficiency in “Park Pro” software, customer service, on the water supervision, supervision of customer service employees, and managing facility bookings. Schedule will be based on a 40 hour week and may include weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work under the direct supervisor of the Associate Director the Seasonal Supervisor of the Aquatic Center weekend employees.
· Support all front office operations which include customer service, equipment checkout, and class registration. Support and supervise facility rental bookings. Oversee weekend leisure classes as needed. Help continuously evaluate and make recommendations regarding operating practices and procedures, workflow, equipment and supply utilization in order to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
· Ensure proper staffing levels for scheduled programs.
· Accurately and efficiently perform data entry in Class Recreational Software. Provide software support, training and troubleshooting to other staff as needed. This requires intermediate to advanced proficiency in Class Recreational Software. Update shared documents with customer/participant information as needed.
· Insure enforce and help maintain Aquatic Center safety guideline and Aquatic Center polices to all Aquatic Center staff members. Provide support to all other Aquatic Center program areas.
· Provide support for a variety of special events (i.e. rowing regattas). This requires availability for overtime. Help with staffing and volunteers.
· Report evening and weekend situations and issues in writing, to the Associate Director, Front Office Manager and Water Front Supervisor and implement a new documenting system.
· Assist office manager in maintaining, updating and managing security on access to the facility; access for membership of customers to the locker rooms and weight room. This requires proficiency in Locklink express software system.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Exceptional customer service and organizational skills on the water and on land.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Attention to safety a must.
· High integrity and work ethic
· Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, copiers, calculators and facsimile machines
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions
· A year of administrative/office management experience in a fast paced environment
· Ability to mutli-task
· Knowledge of PC windows-based personal computers - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
· Aquatic/boating knowledge and Ability to drive a boat and perform rescues
· Experience in “Park Pro” Recreational Software Program
· Class B Drivers License
· C.P.R., First Aid, Lifeguard Training or Equivalent Red Cross Water Safety Class, California Boating Safety Certificate (must have required certifications within six months of hire)
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA