Operations and Services Supervisor
retail sales of cap and gowns, graduation souvenir items, discounted movie tickets, stamps, free legal aid, faxing, and notary for students.
The Business Office Student Shop is hiring a full-time Operations and Services Supervisor. Within the first 30 days of employment, the incumbent must attend a Notary Public course and pass the examination.
Target start date: July 1, 2019
The Operations and Services Supervisor is responsible for the daily management of the Student Shop. Primary areas of responsibility are proficiency in the current Point of Sale system, customer service and supervision of the part-time staff. Performs activities associated with the selling and overall business, retail and cash management of the ASI Student Shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
• Manage the ASI Student Shop operations which include a high level and volume of customer service. Provide the Operations Manager with continuous recommendations regarding the retail operations, practices, and procedures of the Student Shop.
• Recruit, select, train, supervise and evaluate all part-time Student Shop employees. Create proper staff schedules for Student Shop Operations. Oversee accurate and timely processing of daily department deposits by all Student Shop employees. Provide necessary training and support in conflict resolution and customer service.
• Maintain, update, and correct the Student Shop and Business Office website.
• Serve as cash custodian for the ASI Student Shop. Perform cash reconciliations three times a day (morning, mid-day, end of day). Oversee the security and management of the rolling safe and cash for point of sale register(s). Review, confirm and reconcile end of the day cash and retail operations of the ASI Student Shop. Review, confirm and reconcile ASI program deposits.
• Prepare weekly cash for pick-up by Loomis by ensuring correct amount is logged. Ensures bank deposit slips match the cash on hand.
• Accurately and efficiently perform the import/export of all ASI Cash Receipt data into the MIP accounting system at a minimum of twice per week.
• Accurately input all University Union Cash Receipt data into the MIP accounting system on a weekly basis.
• Deposit University Union checks on a daily basis using remote banking. Supervise daily the depositing of ASI checks by the Student Shop staff using remote banking.
• Reconcile Program deposit logs and resolve discrepancies as needed while notifying Department Directors.
• Perform inventory analysis throughout the year and identify the need for retail items and assist the Operations Manager in placing orders as needed. Monitor inventory for discrepancies.
• Ensure the products and services offered by the Student Shop are being fully utilized by Sacramento State Students. Promote and market services being offered. Identify Student Shop needs and coordinate improvements as needed.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual archiving process of accounting records and coordinate shredding based on the retention schedule.
• Prepare Journal Vouchers and reconcile credits on the bank statements.
• Develop, manage and update the Student Shop manual.
• Assist the accounting office with audit sampling for ASI and Union.
• Provide oversight and management of the semi-annual Grad Fest.
• Provide Notary Public services to Sacramento State community.
• Process Gift Acceptance Forms (GAF) and ensures forms have been sent to campus.
• Assist with special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
• Knowledge of merchandising techniques, product selection and purchasing practices.
• Skill in preparing and analyzing business reports.
• Strong attention to details.
• Two year’s progressively responsible retail sales experience and customer service responsibilities.
• Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to collection, recording, and processing receipts or disbursements.
• Knowledge of auditing methods for daily cash reconciliation and handling, receipting and maintaining records of monies received.
• Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook •Ability to lift and move boxes and materials up to 50 pounds.
• Experience with point of sale software.
• Within the first 30 days of employment, the incumbent must attend a six (6) hour course and pass the state administered notary public examination.
• Previous supervisory experience
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or similar field
• Notary Public License
Hourly Pay range: $13.82 - $17.56
Associated Student Inc. provides extremely generous benefits package to Full-Time employees:
• Medical: 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employees through Kaiser or Sutter Health Plus; 95% employer-paid coverage for employee dependents. Vision is included in the plans.
• Dental plan: 100% employer paid dental coverage for employees and dependents
• Employer paid $50,000 Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Long Term Disability
• Retirement: a generous pay period ASI contribution after completing 12 months of service, subject to the terms of the retirement plan.
• Paid vacation and 13 paid holidays. 7 paid holidays are scheduled from last week of December through January 1st
• 24 hours of paid personal holiday time
• 4 weeks paid parental Leave subject to paid parental leave policy
• CA Sick Leave Pay
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Access to onsite childcare at the ASI employee rate
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sierra Hall, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA