Student Engagement - KSSU (1303)-Production Director
Target Start Date: 8/22/2019
SUMMARY: The Production Director is responsible for assisting the Station Manager with production of on-air pre-recorded audio at KSSU. The Production Director works to ensure KSSU has a professional on-air image through the production of Underwriting spots and station identifications. The Production Director also works to ensure interested KSSU volunteers can have the opportunity to learn about audio production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees the production of recorded programs, podcasts, and announcements for broadcast use
• Produces underwriting spots and PSAs (Public Service Announcements)
• Maintains audio library of audio clips and instrumental songs for use in production
• Works with KSSU volunteers to produce station identifications, radio show promotional spots and radio show introductions
• Trains KSSU volunteers who are interested in learning about audio production
• Assists in the upkeep of all audio production software and hardware
• Attends weekly KSSU Staff Meetings
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees, volunteers and public
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work independently, be self-directed
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse student population, ASI programs and on-campus departments
• Currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 units Sac State student; must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall
• Experience with audio production software
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Experience as a KSSU staff member or volunteer
• Experience with Adobe Audition 2.0
Hourly pay: $12
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, August 22, 2019
- Sierra Hall, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA