Government/Elections (1203)-Election Officer
ASI’s student government serves as the official governing body of Sacramento State students. Comprised of mostly elected students, the Board meets regularly to discuss issues facing the student body and political issues related to higher education.
Target Start Date: 8/12/2019
The Elections Officer works under the direct supervision of the Executive & Board Associate and in collaboration with the Election Planning Group to plan and implement a successful ASI Election. The Elections Officer performs all duties in order to uphold the fairness and impartiality of the elections process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meets regularly with the Election Planning Group which includes the Executive & Board Associate, IT, Marketing and the ASI Executive Director. Performs identified tasks that support the Group, meeting all established deadlines.
• Recruits and oversees volunteers who support the promotion and implementation of ASI Elections.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with clubs and organizations to keep them informed about and engaged in the election process. This may require attending organizational meetings, sending e-mails, and/or other methods of sharing information.
• Conducts Election Information Sessions to encourage students to run for office.
• Organizes forums for candidates to interact with each other and with the students at large.
• Collaborates with Student Engagement & Outreach (SEO) to create and distribute an effective Voter Booklet to inform the Electorate.
• Maintains impartiality in ASI Elections by abstaining from endorsement; specifically, show of any support for a particular candidate running for office or initiative/referendum on the ballot whether verbal, written (electronically or in print), appearance at events, or in any other form.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Exceptional skills in communication, problem solving, time management, and organization
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to take initiative
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse student population
• Ability to be tactful and discrete in performance of duties
• Currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 units Sac State student; must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall
• Intermediate Knowledge of PC Windows-based personal computers—Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Experience with event and project planning
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience recruiting, training, organizing, and supervising volunteers
• Knowledge of ASI Election Code and Bylaws
• Volunteer participation in any elections
Hourly pay: $12
I work. I learn. I play. I am ASI
Depending on the position a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sierra Hall, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA