Diesel Technician/Mechanic - All Locations
The Action Environmental Group, is the most progressive and innovative provider of solid waste and recycling services in New York City as Action Carting and in Northern New Jersey (through our acquisition of Interstate Waste – IWS) catering to a diverse range of residential, industrial and commercial customers. Our mission has always been to provide our customers with the highest quality waste, recycling and environmental services, while keeping focus on employee, customer and environmental safety.
What makes our company culture unique is we have mastered the ability to balance the standards of a large corporate company while maintaining our small business family style culture.
Our trucks are not only like moving billboards advertising our services, they are the primary workplace for over half of our employees. Our Diesel Technicians and Mechanics are the key to maintaining a safe and effective top-quality fleet!
We are always on the lookout for excellent Diesel Technicians and Mechanics who have the skillset and ambition to join our team. We may not have an open position at this moment, but submit your application to stay in touch and get updates on future career opportunities.
About the job
Our Heavy Duty Diesel Technicians/Mechanics perform inspection, diagnosis, preventative maintenance, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment, including diesel heavy trucks and engines. Utilizing diagnostic software, the Technician or Mechanic is responsible for interpreting failure modes and initiate or assign necessary repairs. At times, the Technician may be on call, and required to assist with emergency breakdowns.
- Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical problems on heavy equipment.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
- Estimates time and material cost on vehicle repairs and requisition of new parts.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleer maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting part usage, and accounting for repair time.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company safety protocols and OSHA standards.
- Assists Sr. Technicians in the completion of project work.
- We are continuously investing in equipment, and many of our trucks are less than 2 years old.
- The Heavy Duty Diesel Technician/Mechanic will primarily be working out of one of our Depot, however occasional travel to other sites as well as assisting with emergency breakdowns will be required.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided
- The Heavy Duty Diesel Technician/Mechanic may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Frequent squatting and standing is required.
We believe in providing the training and development you need to grow your career with the Action. Many of our Supervisors, Dispatchers, Managers, and other leadership staff, started their careers as Helpers or Drivers. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Salary and Benefits
Action is committed to providing a world class work place that provides rewarding compensation and benefits to all employees. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package which includes both the basics – such as medical insurance and a 401k plan with a generous company match – and added perks like affordable accident insurance, company discounts, and more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jersey City, NJ, USA