Paya provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster and increase efficiency. Paya’s seamless, easy-to-use payments platform supports every stage of a business’ growth today, tomorrow and beyond. With more than 100,000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions, Paya has a proud and proven track record. We are all about growth and success for our partners and their customers.
Paya is looking for a DevOps Engineer for a full-time role to be based in our Dunwoody location. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. Able to architect, create and deliver redundant, scalable and secure enterprise technology solutions.
The Senior DevOps engineer/build release engineer will have
shared responsibility for deploying releases. The position will also play a
large role in helping us make the transition to be a fully hybrid cloud-based
platform. To succeed, candidates should have experience with various version
control systems (BitBucket etc), build tools (ant, maven, etc) and cloud
automation tools (Chef, Puppet).
The goal is to fully automate the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management. You will be working closely with development, QA, and product teams and your opinion and the code you write will define how we ship our product.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production. Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Three plus years of configuration management and engineering for large scale websites, ideally supporting an agile development process.
- Deep understanding of version control systems (Perforce, svn, Git, etc.), including branching and merging strategies.
- Experience working with cloud platforms (EC2, Rackspace Open Cloud, etc.) and cloud automation tools (Chef, Puppet).
- Windows Domain security understanding.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) preferred or equivalent experience.
Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Atlanta, GA, USA