Business Development Manager
Paya provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster and increase efficiency. Paya’s seamless, easy-to-use payments platform supports every stage of a business’ growth today, tomorrow and beyond. With more than 100,000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions, Paya has a proud and proven track record. We are all about growth and success for our partners and their customers.
The Business Development Manager will prospect new revenue opportunities and is responsible for maximizing the growth and expansion of existing Paya Partners. The Business Development Manager will work closely with Senior Level Management, Marketing, Sales and Technology in order to drive successful outcomes. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market and the skill set to shepherd existing Paya Partners through a seamless transition of new business opportunities from implementation to submitting new business. A Business Development Manager acts as a trusted advisor offering solutions to meet sales growth goals, developing and implementing marketing plans, and developing business plans and strategies in concert with Paya Partners to drive revenue results. The Business Development Manager cultivates and maintains a deep relationship with Partner decision makers to secure new business, new client accounts and maximize the value delivered by Paya.
- Shepherd Paya Partners, ensuring a seamless transition of new business opportunities from implementation to submitting new business
- Act as a trusted advisor to existing Paya Partners by demonstrating a deep understanding of their business drivers, organizational imperatives, customer experience challenges, and offer solutions utilizing persuasive win themes and effective sales strategies
- Self-source and develop leads for new business generation from existing Paya Partners through daily prospecting and proactive lead follow-up
- Develop and implement marketing plans, business plans and strategies in concert with Partner/Client driving revenue results
- Support all stages of the sales process, maintaining sales control and guiding internal teams to collaborate and rally around development of innovative solutions to meet or exceed identified sales targets
- Meet aggressive sales growth goals, while managing a reliable pipeline and forecasting responsibilities
- Provide solutions to complex client issues that drive mutually positive business outcomes
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with decision makers in client organizations to secure new business, new client accounts and maximize the value delivered by Sage Payment Solutions.
- Conducts regular cadence of communication with Partner/Client (monthly metrics discussion, regular scheduled strategic focused calls and meetings
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in business management and/or sales position preferred
- Ability to provide business leadership, communicate clearly, and ferociously execute on new business opportunities
- Team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and influence others
- Understanding of various merchant verticals and the differing needs relating to each vertical
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Proven track record in a similar role with clear evidence of execution
- Managed long and complex negotiations with third parties
- Excellent planning, organization, prioritization and time management discipline
- Travel to a minimum of 25% of your time, sometimes greater
- Bachelor’s degree
Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Reston, VA, USA