Paya provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster and increase efficiency. Paya’s seamless, easy-to-use payments platform supports every stage of a business’ growth today, tomorrow and beyond. With more than 100,000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions, Paya has a proud and proven track record. We are all about growth and success for our partners and their customers.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for daily collection activities, working closely with team members and management to monitor and ensure compliance with collection laws, collection policies and recovery of funds. This person must be able to initiate, maintain and build relationships with our customers and 3rd party vendors in order to assess existing processes and procedures for improvement collection opportunities and prevent losses. The position holds a key role in preventing losses for customers and the business that may result from unauthorized payments activity, and for maintaining the integrity of business transactional operations.
· Responsible for collection activities via telephone, e-mail and written correspondence, investigating reasons and recovery of customer debt. Responds to email/telephone inquiries from customers, researches/resolves outstanding issues and maintains detailed notes of collection activity.
· Assists in partnering with 3rd party collection agency in order to minimize losses. Helps to determine accounts that need to be sent sooner as well as preparing documentation and resolving any questions for further information.
· Prepares summaries, presents facts, and offers opinions concerning the financial condition of customers based on the analysis of aged/past dues, including making recommendations to management for the placement of accounts with a collection agency or bad-debt write-off.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Minimum of 3 years of experience
· Strong written and oral communication skills are required
· Capacity to work independently and make sound decisions
· Ability to use computer software tools and MS Office.
· High School Diploma/GED required
Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Dunwoody, GA, USA