Principal Software Engineer
Paya provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster and increase efficiency. Paya’s seamless, easy-to-use payments platform supports every stage of a business’ growth today, tomorrow and beyond. With more than 100,000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions, Paya has a proud and proven track record. We are all about growth and success for our partners and their customers
The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible and accountable for managing multiple development teams comprised of employees and contractors (local and off-shore). As a leader of development teams, the manager should actively collaborate and contribute to the Paya SDLC process and Agile Delivery.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Understand and constantly considers the full-stack architecture for an entire product.
- Bridges the gap between remote and local developers.
- Mentor and guide the development of junior developers.
- Drive development practices used within the company.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Provide production and Dev/Ops support as assigned from time to time
- Enforce adherence to coding standards and code reviews.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience developing web-based and Server Side applications using C#.NET 3.5+, ASP.NET, HTML, IIS, MVC, MSMQ, SQL Server TSQL, Performance Counters, Java Script, Bootstrap, ASPX
- Development Experience with WinForms, WPF and Window Services using C#.NET and/or VB.NET. Third party tools like Telerik are a major plus.
- Ability to design/develop/maintain production database (SQL Server) using TSQL
- Strong object-oriented design patterns and methodologies
- Strong understanding of queues, scaling, performance and rigid rules to create robust systems
- Experience in Windows domain security, trust and configurations
- Experience with both front-end and back-end development
- Experience in development/architecture of REST-based and SOAP based APIs
- Knowledge of serializers such as XML serialization
- Experience with writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, automation, design patterns, refactoring, etc.)
- Strong debugging skills using tools and practices for rapid development of error free code
- Ability to manage intern to senior development engineers
Other Qualities that would be Valuable
- Experience with agile development practices
- Familiar with MS TFS, BITBUCKET, GIT or SVN source control systems
- Extensive knowledge of branching
- Familiarity with Jenkens, Resharper, SonarC# etc a major plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes, methods and experience in implementing them is a major plus.
- Understanding of the electronic payments industry (bankcard, ACH, gift cards) a major plus
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in either:
- Development team management
- Software development, testing, deployment, and lifecycle maintenance of enterprise grade applications expected.
Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Dayton, OH, USA