IT Operations Director
Paya provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster and increase efficiency. Paya’s seamless, easy-to-use payments platform supports every stage of a business’ growth today, tomorrow and beyond. With more than 100,000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions, Paya has a proud and proven track record. We are all about growth and success for our partners and their customers.
The IT Operations Director is responsible for the day to day logistics and operations of all production environments at all Paya locations and companies. Infrastructure environment (Server (Linux and Windows, Storage, Virtualization and Applications like AD/DNS/DHCP/ADFS/FTP, SMTP/MSMQ/RABBITMQ).
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. Systems, DevOps, Help Desk & Production Incident Response) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Coordinate IT managers and supervise system engineers, technicians and other professionals to provide guidance
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Ubuntu and CentOS
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2012+
- Experienced with automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant, and BitBucket
- VMware hypervisor
- DNS and authentication services
- Systems-monitoring tools, such as ExtraHop and Splunk
- Advanced knowledge of shell scripting tools, such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell
- Experienced in automated backup tools, such as NetBackup, systems hardening and performance tuning
- Knowledgeable in cloud deployment and security
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of a strong foundation in data center operations with HA and 24x7 service levels
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to demonstrate mature, timely, and professional problem-solving abilities
- Must be customer-focused, self-directed, results/goal oriented, and demonstrate initiative
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field or MBA a plus.
Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA