Desktop Support Team Lead
Paya provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster and increase efficiency. Paya’s seamless, easy-to-use payments platform supports every stage of a business’ growth today, tomorrow and beyond. With more than 100,000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions, Paya has a proud and proven track record. We are all about growth and success for our partners and their customers.
The position’s role is to configure, deploy, administer, optimize, and support the organization’s desktop computing components and business applications. Where applicable, the IT Desktop Support Team Lead will assist in overseeing the security, integrity, and safety of the desktop infrastructure. The primary objective of these activities is to deliver value, via highly available IT Services.
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
- Develop goals and objectives for Desktop Support Technicians within the team via periodic coaching sessions, supervise the team members and provide regular feedback on successes and recommendations to become more successful.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and Talent Development Plans for Desktop Support Technicians within the team.
- Provide guidance, training and mentoring for new Desktop Services staff.
- Administer time management of team including reviews and approval of time sheets, processing of PTO requests, and ensuring appropriate coverage for Desktop Support.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA