Lead Project Manager
Paya provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster and increase efficiency. Paya’s seamless, easy-to-use payments platform supports every stage of a business’ growth today, tomorrow and beyond. With more than 100,000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions, Paya has a proud and proven track record. We are all about growth and success for our partners and their customers.
As a Lead Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of implementation specialists and project managers with successful project execution through the entire SDLC of product enhancement and features. You will work alongside with key management and business stakeholders to ensure that all project deliverables are met to ensure successful project execution and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Responsible for leading, planning and defining the project scope to accomplish its goals and/or produce the products required within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards
- Act as the primary client contact for all implementation projects
- Manage multiple customers and projects/tasks simultaneously
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Create and use Gantt charts, spreadsheets or other appropriate tools to manage time and tasks
- Manage multiple implementation tasks with other internal groups to ensure project completion in accordance with customer requirements
- Identify, analyze, and manage potential risks; and review how risks may impact scope, schedule, quality and cost
- Identify where and when management of issues and risks, or accommodating altered requirements will involve extra resources or time, and where efficiencies can be made
- Drive software and hardware development provisions not defined in the original scope of work
- Continuously monitor and present reports defining project progress and problem solutions internally and externally
- Facilitate daily/weekly/monthly conference calls to discuss project progress to stakeholders
- Provide Meeting Agenda(s) & Meeting Minutes for every facilitated conference call.
- Create and customize project plans for RFPs (Request for Proposal) for new and existing business
- Subject Matter Expert in First Billing Services Products and Features to comprehend technical discussions with specialists/technicians, and be able to determine what is reasonable or possible
- Fluent in relevant methodologies, processes and standards and able to articulate these practices to any audience
- Maintain a get-it-done attitude while understanding the balance between budget, timeline, and quality.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication, analytical, problem solving skills, and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to effectively employ both short term and long term project planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid working knowledge of project management software
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
- Ability to work 9+ hour workdays
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ equivalent experience
- 5 years proven experience in project management leading team members through a variety of project plans, both large and small
- Someone who is open to learning new technologies or has a technical aptitude for learning new software and can quickly apply analyst skills to that knowledge
- PMP Certified
- Experience with Government Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- 5 years proven experience in payments industry
Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Dayton, OH, USA