Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,500 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The General Manager will be responsible for product manufacturing in a high-volume manufacturing environment through use of continuous improvement methods, leadership of employees and the utilization of resources.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals and objectives.
- Ensures the achievement of short and long-range goals for divisional operations in conjunction with financial performance and the position leads a cross-functional staff
- Plans, develops, and implements the profit and loss for the business that includes:
- Annual divisional budget preparation
- Monthly and Quarterly sales and financial forecasts
- Reporting monthly performance results
- Creates objectives for the business and allocates resources to achieve these objectives.
- Creates the long-range plan including: Sales forecasts and customer mix, new product development plans, long range manufacturing plans
- Fosters a "Team" environment across the plant, including the plant's leadership team.
- Improves the business operating systems.
- Actively participates and exercises influence in regards to the strategic direction of the business.
- Coordinates the activities of various teams to promote operational efficiency and organizational effectiveness.
- Creates and implements annual expense and capital budgets. Collaborates closely with the Financial Controller to forecast and monitor expenditures for short term planning. Approving spending as appropriate.
- Leads/manages initiatives of "Lean Manufacturing" and principles of continuous flow; promotes and monitors continuous improvement activities in all areas.
- Ensures the organizational structure is efficiently planned and staffed
- Follows Environmental, Health, Safety and QUALITY guidelines and processes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required, Graduate Degree preferred.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, January 28, 2019
- Saegertown, PA, Saegertown, Pennsylvania, United States of America