Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The objective of this role is to help make MacLean Power Systems’ operations run efficiently. This individual should have the ability to work as a team, make decisions about the parts they are handling, and work closely with their supervisor to ensure the proper handling of parts. Being a friendly, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills is necessary for this role.
- Maintain and repair all phases of the company equipment, buildings, and utility systems
- Observe and comply with all safety procedures, utilizing extreme care on trouble shooting and repairs where high voltages are involved. Ability to train others in all safety aspects pertaining to maintenance duties, including the Arc Flash NFPA standard
- Ability to read and assist in developing blueprints and schematics pertaining to electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to perform and understand basic math. Must understand fraction and decimal equivalents and can convert one form to the other
- Responsible for routine maintenance on plant equipment. Understand basic Preventative Maintenance techniques
- Diagnose and repair all breakdowns pertaining to machinery, utility services, and building structures. Develop root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Troubleshoot equipment, machinery, circuits, and control circuits. Must have the ability to program simple controllers. Must understand how to troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and HMI’s with the use of a laptop
- Specify the necessary tools, parts, and surplus stock to minimize operational downtime of operations. Ability to research and develop new, more effective methods of maintaining equipment
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 9 years Industrial Maintenance work experience, which may include up to 4 years of formal documented training toward a technical associate’s degree or journeyman’s certification
- Must have technical skills through formal training and/or on the job experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational skills and a high level of reliability
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated team player
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pelham, AL, Pelham, Alabama, United States of America