Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,500 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The objective of this role is to set up the equipment when it is time to run an alternative product and to provide trouble shooting skills when the equipment goes down. This position will cross train to understand the various equipment in the department.
- Adheres to company and customer specifications, work instructions, engineering prints and work orders.
- Documents the materials and processes used in the process to maintain traceability of product.
- Loads programs into CNC machine and executes program cutting of the material.
- Cuts raw stock according to the necessary size for the part being machined.
- Secures and fixtures raw stock of material into machine, squares material prior to running program if necessary, and monitors the operating of the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Deburs completed machine parts as time allows.
- Provides feedback to supervisor and programmer as to the performance of the program and tooling used for cutting the material.
- Verifies the accuracy of the parts using calipers, micrometers and other metrology equipment as a periphery inspection.
- Ensures machine and area around machine is kept as clean as practical.
- Operates CNC machine in a safe manner.
- Properly maintains coolant, including removal of containments, proper dilution ratio and cleaning.
- Basic math, reading, writing, and computer skills are required
- Must be able to read blueprints, and be proficient in the use of measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Will be required to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions either furnished or created in written/oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in high stress situations. Detail oriented with multi-tasking abilities.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Technical degree preferred
- Prior set up experience preferred.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Trenton, TN 38382, USA