HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST - 9304
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The objective of this role is to help make our Saegertown operations effortless to do business with. This individual will lead the recruitment activity for the facility and maintain over site for any required temporary employees. The individual should have the ability make data-based decisions and have the tact and communications skills to coach others across functional boundaries to do the same. The individual should be organized, detail-oriented, articulate and concise, with the ability to teach others to use world class lean/six sigma tools. Being friendly, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills is necessary for this role. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program.
- Lead community involvement programs to improve company visibility for recruitment (job fairs, school manufacturing day, partners in education, etc.)
- Over site of the company scholarship program with local schools.
- Counselling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by assisting with conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings; maintenance of AAP.
- Maintains historical human resource recruiting records and tracking turnover metrics, working with the designated company recruitment software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
BA Degree and/or related Business experience
5+ years relevant experience, preference given to a recruiting background
Manufacturing experience preferred
Ability to communicate effectively and engage with employees
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Lean manufacturing experience a plus
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Wednesday, August 28, 2019
- Saegertown, PA, Saegertown, Pennsylvania, United States of America