Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
BUYER– Performs all aspects of the purchasing function to meet the sales and financial goals and enable the company to achieve the budget goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually identifies and determines optimum source of supply
- Makes appropriate purchasing recommendations that balance costs and service/inventory levels
- Communicates favorable purchasing opportunities to management
- Monitors reports and market and business trends within assigned commodities
- Establishes and maintains supplier relationships
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance
- Prepares and maintains appropriate records
- Follow all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Other duties may be assigned or required for this position
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-year Technical Degree required
- 1-3 years of experience
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Job Start Date Friday, August 16, 2019
- York, SC, York, South Carolina, United States of America