SECONDARY ENGINEERING MANAGER
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
Directs and coordinates the activities of the engineering department for design and manufacturing processes including modifying existing design/manufacturing processes for continuous improvement while increasing efficiencies and minimizing costs. Works to ensure that the goals and objectives of the business are met by the most cost effective means.
- Must be a team-player and actively support lean initiatives (continuous improvement) and The House of Excellence.
- Work collectively/collaboratively with all members of the organization.
- Manages the engineering staff activities to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the company’s design and manufacturing processes. Also helps to resolve problems that might cause project delays.
- Evaluates the current engineering resource effectiveness and plans for future resource requirements to ensure that the engineering resources are sufficient to sustain continued company growth.
- Coordinated the development of new manufacturing processes, machine development and equipment systems.
- Follow all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies and guidelines.
- Other duties may be assigned or required for this position.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience required
- Minimum 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong analytical ability, and the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Understanding of Lean and ability to drive the Lean culture.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Must have an understanding of machining methodologies.
- Experience in automotive is a plus
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 20
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 30, 2019
- Job End Date Monday, September 30, 2019
- Saegertown, PA, Saegertown, Pennsylvania, United States of America