MAINTENANCE MECHANIC TECHNICIAN (2nd Shift)
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,500 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
METFORM, Savanna, IL: Metform, a division of MacLean-Fogg, is an employee-focused global Company with excellent benefits and perks…a team environment where your voice matters, and you will have the opportunity for training and development to advance. We are building a thriving culture and business is growing fast. Metform is the area’s largest manufacturing company with four locations in Carroll County, Illinois.
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic Technician
RESPONSIBILITY SUMMARY (Who we are looking for): Metform is looking for someone with proven skills to perform specialized work on our electrical and electronic equipment. The successful team member will advise and assist engineering, maintenance, and manufacturing in methods required for proper functioning of equipment.
WORK HOURS (SHIFT): 2nd Shift at our Mt. Carroll Plant
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (What you would be doing):
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs electronic circuits, control panels, PC boards
- Assists engineering in design of electronic circuits for current and/or new equipment
- Troubleshoots mechanical maintenance problems and Troubleshoots and repairs minor electrical problems
- Fabricates, welds, and machines minor parts or structures to complete on the spot and/or emergency repairs
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS (What you bring to us):
- High school education or equivalent
- Two years of experience in related electrical and mechanical field or schooling in electrical/mechanical.
- Proficiency in arc, mig, tig and oxyacetylene welding, brazing, soldering and torch cutting
- Ability to read, understand, and follow electrical schematics, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- Understands the operation and calibration of all electrical test equipment
- Skilled in relay logic, electronics, electromechanical and mechanical problem-solving
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION (What we offer to you):
- Effective Immediately: Competitive Wages, Holiday Pay (10 days/year), Free Wellness Program, Employee Giveaways and Discounts
- After 30 Days: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- The first of the month after 90 Days: 401K with Employer Match, Vacation
- After 1 Year: Tuition Reimbursement (upon approval)
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, August 20, 2018
- Mt. Carroll, IL, Mt. Carroll, Illinois, United States of America