QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
POSITION SUMMARY: The objective of this role is to support the General manager and Operations Staff in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Quality programs, policies,
procedures and best practice techniques to reduce or eliminate risk to the organization
- Development, implementation, and continuous improvement of programs, policies, procedures and best practice techniques to reduce or eliminate risk to the organization.
- Development and continuous improvement of systems to drive compliance, education, and culture.
- Develop and provide technical and administrative direction on all policies and programs which bear critical importance to overall objectives, operations and profitability of the various divisions.
Collect, analyze, summarize, and visualize leading & lagging metrics for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Oversee and enforce compliance with all customer specific requirements, as well as ISO9001 & IATF 16949 guidelines.
- Become a trained trainer for Quality Basics, Quality Awareness, and other curriculum.
- Coaches and collaborates with all employees to drive a Zero-Defect Culture and other company-wide Quality initiatives. Must be able to motivate others (true passion for Quality).
Drives culture change; serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change by facilitating systems level Kaizen.
- Contribute and drive written submissions to support Quality recognition & articles in the company Informer (newsletter).
- Participates on the AQP Steering Team meeting and leads AQP Steering Team activities that support company goals and objectives.
- Works jointly and collaboratively with all Maclean-Fogg Operations to improve operational efficiencies and reduce Quality related costs using the Kaizen methodology and proven Lean tools.
Works directly with customers and suppliers to develop positive relationships and promotes teamwork that is focused on structured problem solving
- Conduct and coordinate on-site reviews and audits.
- Maintains professional certifications & continued education to stay current in the Quality field
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Friday, June 14, 2019
- Royal Oak, MI, Royal Oak, Michigan, United States of America