Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
Initiates and facilitates continuous process improvement on existing machine products. Designs and coordinates the transfer of new processes to manufacturing.
- Must be a team-player and actively support lean initiatives (continuous improvement) and The House of Excellence.
- Work collectively/collaboratively with all members of the organization.
- Communicate with internal and external suppliers, manufacturers, and customers on Engineering items, part quality details, and tooling issues related to specific production parts or process concerns.
- Product quotation and feasibility based on customer print and/or continuous improvement projects.
- Support on-going production processing issues.
- Communicates with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluated products per specifications and quality standards.
- Cross-functional preparation of cost justifications within this organization and other divisions.
- Develops and submits capital project proposals as needed.
- Facilitate incoming equipment acquisitions and installations.
- Manage Product Development and Prototype parts.
- Orchestrate PRP/Feasibility meeting once per week as needed.
- Initiate CMPs (Change Management Process).
- Conduct DOE (Design on experiments) during new part development process.
- Participate in all customer quality requirements, including PFMEA, APQP, capacity analysis, etc.
- Conduct or participate in workshops relating to proposed plant changes.
- Conduct meetings with all levels of Management.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Communicates with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods in conducting machine and process capability studies.
- Collects and analyzes data.
- Research and recommend technologies to drive manufacturing improvements in the areas of safety, cost and continuous improvement.
- Ensure processes are adhering to plant safety requirements.
- Follow all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies and guidelines.
- Other duties may be assigned or required for this position.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Understanding of general machining/forming processes.
- Must be able to manage time wisely and coordinate multiple projects and activities; balance these activities to keep all projects moving forward.
- Strong mechanical ability and hands-on experience with CNC machines and other secondary equipment.
- Ability to work with 2D and/or 3D software systems, along with file/do
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Friday, June 14, 2019
- Saegertown, PA, Saegertown, Pennsylvania, United States of America