MOLD PROCESS ENGINEER
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
As a privately held company for over 90 years, our employees are our most valuable asset. We provide a modern air conditioned facility, a competitive compensation package, and a culture of family. We currently are seeking to add to our operations team a Mold Process Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for plastic injection sampling process, establishing processing standards for all new tooling. Documentation of established processes.
- Prepares molds for sampling, including assembly of tools, wiring, testing and/or debugging the mold's electrical, hydraulic or mechanical systems and mold temperature controllers.
- Ability to work with multiple types of robots and automation.
- Responsible for mold wiring testing and final hook-up to customers' specifications.
- Collaborates with toolmakers, project managers and designers to test, debug, and engineer solutions to optimize product performance.
- Work with customers to provide solutions as required both on and off site
- Assist in providing quotes for plastic injection molded parts and new tooling
- Work with quality personnel to assure customers' specifications are met
- Work with designers during the development of the mold design.
- Analyze mold flow prior to and after mold building to prevent molding issues.
- Maintain the injection press and press area in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Understand and uses lean tools in daily work.
- Mentor for providing processing training, particularly in support of any junior team members.
- Decoupled molding as well as RGJ Master Molder a plus
- 2 year technical degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- Experience in a fast paced manufacturing production environment
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand up to 10 hours a day, occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 60 lbs
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- N92W14555 Anthony Ave, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051, USA