Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern will learn the basic processes of manufacturing and how to safely function in a plant environment. They will learn the basics of project execution and communication techniques in a plant environment; shadow / assist experienced engineers in day-to-day activities on the floor; design or edit components using CAD files as requested; become proficient at using basic hand tools and basic mechanics; learn the basics of equipment troubleshooting and be able to use those skills as necessary; develop projects in the automation, robotics and design fields that can be completed on a monthly / semester basis as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Troubleshoot and correct manufacturing problems for the assigned machines which include:
- Design fixtures as necessary for machining processes
- Document findings and solutions
- Create new job layouts, including defining all cams, gears, attachments, holders any other related items pertinent to that job with aid from Engineer
- Create and update all tool change charts
- Create and update Process FMEA’s for all jobs
- Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines
- Perform any other assigned tasks for the safe and effective operation of the facility
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Concentration in Engineering or a related field
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mooresville, NC, Mooresville, North Carolina, United States of America