Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
MacLean-Fogg has an immediate opening for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager. MacLean-Fogg is a values-driven company and views EHS as one of the company’s core values. Our passionate commitment to EHS provides a successful candidate with an excellent environment in which to work and the leadership commitment and support to deliver results. The EHS Engineer position is a key member of MacLean-Fogg’s EHS team and is a highly visible position. This is an opportunity to play a key role in the design and implementation of world class EHS systems.
- Supports Environmental, Health and Safety Management Team in the overall EHS process implementation and oversight
- Develop and sustain systems to drive compliance, continuous injury reduction and environmental performance
- Coach and counsel line leaders in EHS responsibilities
- Coach and serve as a resource to plant safety teams
- Maintain working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulations and identify all requirements that apply, or may apply to the organization
- Oversee compliance to all OSHA/EPA Federal and State Regulations and supports compliance of ISO-14001 certification pertaining to company operations.
- Reviews internal EHS policies and practices, conducts hazard and risk assessments towards the identification and mitigation of risks
- Develop, review and conduct EHS related training
- Leads investigations of EHS incidents, root cause analysis, and item closure tracking
- Demonstrates knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems
- BS in Safety Science, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in EHS or related field within a manufacturing environment
- 7-10 years of demonstrated environmental or safety engineering experience in manufacturing
- Safety and Environmental regulatory compliance experience
- ISO 14001; OHSAS 18001; VPP implementation and compliance experience
- Industrial hygiene experience/background.
- Demonstrated success with passion for change and relentless focus on execution
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and related regulations and procedures
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Alabaster, AL, Alabaster, Alabama, United States of America