QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The objective of this role is to assure that we are shipping quality product to our customers.
- Coordinates with shift supervision to ensure they are on top of quality problems that may arise.
- product quality
- materials and processes
- Performs functions associated with quality control and quality assurance operations, including working with engineers and calibration tasks
- Follows up on rework and quality assurance procedures related to production or operations.
- Provides support in resolving critical problem and handling multiple tasks
- Performs first article inspections on all new parts, per prints and customer specifications.
- Performs process audits and evaluate, identify and/or suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Performs product audits on finished products.
- Learns and supports lab functions as needed.
- Fills out required paperwork
- Follows all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Other duties may be assigned or required
- Can communicate and listen.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of various measuring instruments: Calipers, Micrometers, etc.
- Working knowledge of basic computer operations (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of experience required
- Flexibility to work first, second, or third shift and/or weekends, if needed.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Newberry, SC, Newberry, South Carolina, United States of America