Electrical/Plastics Application Development Engineer
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
Our firm is currently searching for an experienced, accomplished and self-motivated Electrical/Plastics Engineer to lead the development of a well-defined targeted hyper growth segment in the emerging automotive EV sector. This application development engineer will work across a variety of potential customers in supporting their future needs while strategically positioning our company with new developing technologies. The ideal candidate is a problem solver that understands automotive, electrical and plastics application development and is passionate about accomplishment. Our large privately owned 95-year-old company is a leader in automotive precision component solutions and will develop a new sector of business to complement our rapid growth of diversified product offerings.
• Develop Automotive EV power storage and power conversion (EVPSPC) applications
• Establish relationships with OEM and Tier-One users of EVPSPC systems and components
• Manage all internal support elements in effort to secure new EVPSPC business
• Use computer-aided engineering software (CAD) to preform engineering tasks
• Perform detailed calculations to establish standards and specifications
• 25% domestic and international travel time
• Lead teams to ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications
• Support our engineering, manufacturing and operations personnel in preparing for optimal application design and quality.
• Assist in quality assurance for ongoing projects.
• Maintain professional and technical service to customers supporting mutual company and customer product goals.
• Keep current with latest technical innovations in electrical vehicle plastics technologies
• Other duties as assigned
• Competent knowledge of electrical engineering, software and design
• Plastics injection molding knowledge and experience
• Plastics injection molding tool and part design understanding is a plus
• Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
• JOEM experience is a plus
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong personal and people skills for the development of customer relations is a plus
• 5-10 years automotive electrical engineering application development
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Metro Detroit, Michigan area based for OEM and Tier-One quick and consistent support.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 6001 N Adams Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304, USA