Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC- The Maintenance Mechanic performs maintenance duties as required with minimum supervision. This role reports to the department supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricates, welds, and machines minor parts or structures to complete on the spot and/or emergency repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs minor electrical problems.
- Completes comprehensive reports and records of maintenance repairs.
- Provides personal hand tool and gauges in a rolling cabinet.
- Proficiently works with grinders, sanders, metal cutting saws, lathes and drills.
- Proficient in electric arc welding and oxy-acetylene welding, brazing, soldering and torch cutting.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Four years of experience as a maintenance mechanic and/or qualified journeyman through an apprenticeship program
- Comprehends complex math
- Receptive to on-going training
- Ability to read blueprints
- Forklift certification
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Mundelein, IL, Mundelein, Illinois, United States of America