Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
- Must be a team-player and actively support lean initiatives (continuous improvement) and The House of Excellence.
- Program, set up and operate EDM machines (Charmilles Sinkers, Makino Wire)
- Inspect parts, use inspection equipment, troubleshoot.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Ability to adjust machines to maintain part quality.
- Accurate reporting in ERP system (JDE) for current activities
- Work collectively and collaboratively with the members of department, management and other departments for process improvement and to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Must meet all production requirements producing quality parts
- Must follow all safety requirements.
- High School diploma required.
- 5 years Manufacturing/Tooling experience preferred.
- Must successfully pass designated testing required for this position.
- Must be able to work from verbal and written instructions, observation of conditions, production order schedules, and blueprints.
- Strong mechanical ability is a must; moderate to high level of math skills needed; high level of reasoning ability required.
- Experience with machine operation and set-up along with technical background/education required.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily with/without accommodations.
- The physical demands required include the following: the employee is required to stand minimum of 7 hours; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; able to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk, sit, occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move 50-60 pounds. Specific vision abilities include: close/distance/ peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manufacturing environment: requires hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toed shoes
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Thursday, March 28, 2019
- Saegertown, PA, Saegertown, Pennsylvania, United States of America