HEAT TREAT OPERATOR
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,500 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
HEAT TREAT OPERATOR
- Ability to keep detailed daily records; have strong organizational skills; ability to learn quickly.
- Must be able to read/follow production schedules, control plans, and work instructions
- Work collectively/collaboratively with all members of organization
- Set up/operate heat treat machine using computer-controlled industrial heat treating equipment
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times using thermal instruments
- Understand basic concepts/methods of heating/cooling
- Certified to operate lift truck or willingness and ability to be trained and certified to operate lift truck.
- Load/ unload part baskets –lift requirements are less than 10lbs if handled on a part-by-part basis
- Operate shot blast machine
- Ability to work effectively/efficiently in extremely warm temperatures
- Must be able to perform scheduled maintenance, as well as be able to identify when unexpected maintenance and repairs are required.
- High School diploma required.
- Basic skills and ability to successfully pass designated testing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mechanical ability is a must and working knowledge of hand and power tools
- Working in an extremely warm environment with excessively hot material and processes; the employee is required to get up and down from a lift truck several times per hour to move parts; employee can sit or stand when needed. The employee may occasionally (once per week on average) be required to climb a ladder when machine maintenance is required.
- Manufacturing environment: requires hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed shoes and exposure to temperature fluctuations intensified by seasonal changes.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Saegertown, PA, Saegertown, Pennsylvania, United States of America