Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER – The objective of this role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the manufacturing processes in the plant. He or she allows seamless business practices between MacLean-Fogg and internal and external customers. The individual must be articulate, willing to work in a fast-paced team environment and have good interpersonal skills. He or she will collaborate with internal and outside partners to ensure that products meet established design intent. Additionally, he or she will prepare interim and project completion reports and presentations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Investigate and provide technical support for manufacturing problems
- Advise management of strategic issues, along with their technical and process risks
- Advise operations management on logistical considerations as they influence cycle time, transportation damage, and product costs
- Monitor production standards and investigate methods of improvement where standards are not being met
- Advise on product liability and life cycle issues
- Advise on product and process capabilities and limitations to ensure the proper alignment between product design and process capabilities
- Analyze and determine the tooling and process designs necessary to produce new parts within cost and quality specifications; provide product design and services as necessary
- Design material processing, assembly, and handling systems/equipment to maximize production throughput, while minimizing changeover times
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment and production methods; recommend alternative approaches for manufacturing methods, processes and equipment as necessary
- Design/maintain, procure/modify, and implement tooling to optimize the production process, meet process capability requirements, and meet product quality specifications
- Establish standard methods and processes for production of company product line including requirements for equipment, tooling, materials and processes
- Specify and procure capital equipment to ensure technological advantage and competitiveness through process capability and control
- Develop effective setup reduction strategies and preventive and predictive maintenance processes to maximize equipment uptime
- Act as mentor, facilitator, and educator of the work force to foster cross training, cross functional creativity, and teamwork
- Maintain and update manufacturing documentation including process sheets, routers, ECR’s and ECO’s
- Provide leadership for Continuous Improvement efforts
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies and guidelines
- Other duties may be assigned or required for this position
- Possess analytical ability
- Computer literate with strong spreadsheet analysis skills
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations
- Correctly add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to write complex and confidential correspondence
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, members of the business community, employees or managers.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Lean knowledge and implementation of Lean tools
- Six Sigma a plus but not required
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Pelham, AL, Pelham, Alabama, United States of America