Area Manager - Retail Merchandising Group
TITLE: Area Manager
DEPARTMENT: Retail Merchandising Group
The Area Manager is responsible for the safe execution of operational plans and strategies. Maintaining overall operations and improvement of the department. Area Manager is responsible for the daily activities of the operation to include shipping, receiving, inventory management, and the allocation of labor to meet the demands of the business.
Key Result Areas (KRAs):
1. Productivity and Results • Provides direction and management to staff to accomplish operating results. • Delivers expected results for entire function in relation to customer service and operational standards within budgetary constraints. • Works effectively across functional line to achieve results while representing the interests of the function. • Reports all daily and monthly key indicator results to the Manager of Retail Merchandising. • Works closely with customer service to ensure the common objectives relating to customer service are achieved. • Communicates regularly with staff to provide information, answer questions, and address issues.
2. Staffing Development • Trains and develops leads and associates to accomplish operating results. • Promotes and inspires teamwork throughout the function. • Develops and ensures implementation of optimal staffing plans. • Maintains sound employee relations by developing and maintaining a strong and cohesive team that works professionally within the facility.
3. Operational Support and Control • Works with facility manager and support teams to effectively maintain equipment in optimal working order. • Evaluates and recommends capital equipment and other significant enhancements to systems, processes, policies, and procedures to improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and customer service levels. Provides support for Lean initiatives. • Ensures facility performance objectives are met or exceeded relating to productivity, quality, inventory management and customer service.
4. Safety • Incorporates safety into all activities within the work function and ensures consistent enforcement of all safety standards and policies. • Works with safety and facility management team to develop and deliver function specific training and ensure all employees are appropriately trained. • Takes proactive measures to identify and minimize risks.
Competencies: • Problem Solving - Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; evaluates and generates alternative solutions; makes recommendations. • Resilience - Positively impacts the team and the organization by dealing effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and recovers quickly from setbacks. • Leadership - Shows a high degree of personal integrity, honesty and ethical behavior; respects & protects confidential information; holds self accountable for results. • Human Capital Management - Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs; ensures that employees are appropriately recruited; manages and supports a diverse, multi-sector work force and a variety of work situations. • Continual Learning - Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development. Education:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or the equivalent in education and experience. Qualifications: • Comprehensive knowledge of inventory control and traffic management. • Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Windows. Able to learn and use in-house software applications. • Excellent organization, planning, and problem-solving skills. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. • Proven ability to manage change. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Indeed1
- Job Family Marketing
- Job Function SLS: Retail Merch
- Pay Type Salary
- 10590 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45231, USA