Field Service Rep - West Bend
Provides merchandising services and on-site customer support at customer locations to ensure that prescribed regular service programs and customer relationships are effectively maintained at or above customer expectations.
1. Merchandising and Customer Support
• Travels to and among customer store locations as required according to service schedule and as necessary to resolve issues.
• Maintains customer stores by ensuring displays are set to plan-o-grams, assessing inventory levels, placing customer orders, down-stocking product, removing defective product, placing POP material, and repairing displays and equipment.
• Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with store personnel, including regular contact with store management.
• Conducts product training for store personnel as required.
• Improve and grow sales, secure additional store retail space and through cross-merchandising, end cap placement, etc.
• Attends promotional days and grand openings to help educate customers and employees on Hillman product lines.
2. Store Display Resets
• Performs physical work necessary to tear down and/or assemble store displays, including racks and other prescribed display items according to the plan-o-grams.
• May provide direction and supervision to temporary or support personnel assigned to assist with the reset.
• Works the schedule required, which can include time beyond a normal work schedule or on a different schedule as required by the customer and/or reset schedule.
3. Conducts Store Surveys
• Completes customer service sheets on MC-75
• Completes other surveys as directed
• Takes photos of displays
4. Follows company policies and procedures to accomplish the following:
• Maintain and timely submit required records and receipts
• Follow prescribed time reporting procedures and submits time worked accurately and promptly.
• Communications regularly with supervision to ensure feedback of customer related information.
• Maintains current knowledge of company products field operations, and customer account specifications.
Additional Essential Functions for Quick Tag Representatives
• For territory assignment including Quick Tag engraving machine service, employee must :
• Maintain and repair engraving machines as necessary.
• Collect, secure, account for, and deposit funds according to prescribed procedures.
• Personal Leadership - Takes initiative, and follows through on promises; accepts responsibility for mistakes; protects confidentiality; voices disagreement with tact; accepts & implements change.
• Internal & External Customer Service - Exhibits cooperative behavior; anticipates customer needs & initiates service in a timely manner; exceeds service expectations at all times.
• Communication - Communicates verbal & written information in a clear, concise manner; invites contact and listens with respect; responds to voice and email in a timely manner.
• Teamwork - Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; interacts well with various personalities; shares resources; supports team decisions; contributes to team projects when asked.
• Results Oriented - Possesses current industry & job knowledge; is organized & efficient; demonstrates effective time management & multi-tasking skills; makes decisions in a timely manner.
• High school diploma or equivalent, college courses preferred.
• Two years field service or merchandising experience preferred, ideally in a large-scale retail environment.
• Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, and Windows
• Able to read & execute store plan-o-grams in an efficient manner.
• Strong organizational, planning, and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills - able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and deal tactfully with the public.
• Able to regularly travel to and among store locations, with occasional overnight stays as required to effectively service the territory.
• Maintains valid driver’s license and maintains a driver record acceptable under the provisions of Hillman’s Vehicle Policy.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Able to frequently walk, stand, bend, twist, climb, kneel, see, and otherwise move as necessary to perform essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Hourly
- West Bend, WI 53095, USA