WAN Specialist I
COCC delivers complete enterprise processing solutions to financial institutions throughout the northeastern United States. Listed among American Banker's FinTech 100 and the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing companies in the nation, COCC inspires the industry with innovation and top quality support. Designated as a Top Workplace in Connecticut, COCC recognizes employees as the core of our success! COCC offers a progressive training program to support employees in personal and professional development.
What we need…
A WAN Specialist I to support production of COCC networks, circuits, routers, route tables, DSUs, proper performance, Internet links, Ethernet cable plant and switched. This individual will respond to end-user/client requests to investigate performance and client-server connectivity issues. The WAN Specialist will also design and install new network platforms and/or manage the upgrading of existing networks. The WAN Specialist will coordinate and escalate efforts by AT&T, Comcast and other vendors to install new or repair failed networks.
What’s in it for you…
All the benefits you’d expect from an award winning employer plus:
- A robust employee training and development program
- Generous PTO offering as well as competitive pay and benefits
- On-site fitness center
- Tuition reimbursement
- One on one career coaching
- Financial planning assistance with certified professionals
- Fun employee events such as company outings, trivia, sports leagues and wellness events
- Peer recognition programs
What you’ll do…
- Verify and correct physical status of circuitry and bank routers; investigate signal status, interfaces, etc.
- Replaces the above physical items as required
- Verify and correct logical network components – PVCs, LMI, QoS, route tables, utilization
- Verifies host/server application and Internet availability to bank, verify up-status systems, route tables, etc.
- Coordinate COCC support of other units as required toward problem investigation and resolution
- Coordinate dispatches to banks, access-hours, vendors, etc
- Verify problem resolution status and performance-checks circuits after repairs
- Designs new network requirements = network topology, router sizing, etc.
- Issues proposal and price quote; orders circuits and hardware as approved
- Install and test the above at bank, coordinates with Telcom carrier
- Define circuits, PVCs, QoS, etc., to COCC-based routers
- Accurately track and provide weekly updates for all ongoing projects
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Two or more years of installing and supporting TCP/IP routers, WAN circuits, DSUs, etc.
- CCNA or CCNP level knowledge desired
- Self-starter with ability to interact with various levels of staff and management and within teams
- Customer service skills and high level of professionalism
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional/technical journals and procedures
- TCP/IP protocols, arp, ping, BGP, traceroute, snmp, etc.
- Cisco souters, VMware Velocloud, and the IOS IP Routing process, route tables, RIP, preferably OSPF, EIGRP or similar
- T1 signaling, should understand basic network statistics regarding errors, performance, etc.
- Ethernet routing MPCS, switches, cabling
- Basic network topologies, Fram, point-to-point, ISDN, Ethernet, etc.
- Internet basics, DNS, Firewall or ACL concepts
- Rocky Hill, CT, USA