Technical Support Specialist II
COCC delivers complete enterprise processing solutions to financial institutions throughout the northeastern United States. Listed among American Banker's FinTech 100 and the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing companies in the nation, COCC inspires the industry with innovation and top quality support. Designated as a Top Workplace in Connecticut, COCC recognizes employees as the core of our success! COCC offers a progressive training program to support employees in personal and professional development.
What we need…
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist II to be a part of our fast paced Client Care Tech Support team. This individual will be responsible for analyzing, supporting and resolving customer technical issues. The successful candidate will meet Service Level Standards on outstanding issues, provide guidance, assistance, coordination, and follow-up on user questions and coordinate escalations in a timely manner.
What’s in it for you…
All of the benefits you’d expect from an award winning employer plus:
- A robust employee training and development program
- Generous PTO offering as well as competitive pay and benefits
- On-site fitness center
- Tuition Reimbursement
- One on one career coaching
- Financial planning assistance with certified professionals
- Fun employee events such as company outings, trivia, sports leagues, wellness events
- Peer recognition programs
What you’ll do…
- Troubleshoot workstations, printers and applications on both physical and virtual (VMware Horizon View) desktops.
- Troubleshoot data communications, firewall, email, and remote access
- Provide break/fix support and services for all Microsoft Operating Systems and assist the Technical Consulting Group with on-site engagements.
- Perform preventative maintenance; manage security for servers, workstations, printers and applications
- Deploy new patches to assigned customers
- Maintain patched status of assigned customers
- Assist with testing new patches internally before deploying them to customers
- Assist with special projects as needed
Who will be a great fit…
If you are someone that enjoys working on multiple projects simultaneously and thrives in a fast paced environment, this position is for you. Having the ability to move quickly while also able to follow a set of guidelines and process is important. Ideally this person will value high quality work and be able to bring a high level of technical expertise.
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an industry-standard help desk role
- MCSA certification
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to operate, install, configure and maintain
- VMware Horizon view
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including 7, 8, 10 and Server 2012 and 2016
- Standard Windows applications, Java, and Office
- Custom Windows applications
- TCP\IP knowledge
- Active Directory
- Some weekend work required
- Some weeks will require over 40 hours
- Rocky Hill, CT, USA