Peer Specialist- Per Diem
The Liberty Resources Mobile Crisis Team responds to individuals in crisis, over the phone or in person, in order to reduce emergency room visits and ensure everyone receives the proper care. The Mobile Crisis Team was created to provide crisis intervention and support adults, adolescents, children and families dealing with a behavioral or mental health crisis. Mobile Crisis Team is composed of local and specially trained mental health professionals that can provide after-hours crisis services.
Hours: Monday — Friday 5:00p.m.–midnight / Weekends & Holiday 6a.m –midnight
- Identifies with individuals as a person in mental health recovery in a manner that is supportive and encouraging.
- Establishes a supportive, therapeutic rapport with the service recipients.
- Communicates and provides information as to the purpose of peer support and recovery models.
- Assist and support persons in crisis to explore options that may be beneficial to their recovery and to maintaining stability.
- Surround service recipients in recovery, wellness, and hope.
- Focus positively with service recipients on emotional growth, strengths, and life (recovery) goals.
- Assists case managers in providing specialized assistance and support to specific individuals as assigned. For example, assisting individuals with activities, appointments, and identifying appropriate community resources.
- Identifies and reports on Untoward Incidents as required.
- Carries out agency policies and procedures.
- Completes all necessary written reports, statistics, billing, case files and summaries in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with program and agency standards.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and related tasks as assigned.
- A HS diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must be Provisional Peer Certified through the NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) or in the process of obtaining certification.
- One (1) year experience working with consumers with behavioral health presenting diagnoses is preferred.
- Experience with mental health resources, group facilitation/co-facilitation and wellness recovery action plan development experience highly preferred.
- Must possess valid NYS driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle for extended periods of time and walk to wherever is necessary to perform assessment.
Liberty Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Auburn, NY 13021, USA